Enabling the people to choose their candidates for an MP post is absolutely a brilliant idea. Reading the walk through from the link to the clip below, I now have a clear idea what this all about.
1) It enable the people to select the right candidate instead of political parties to represent them in parliament. Afterall, they are supposed to be the law makers and whenever they vote to pass a bill, it will affect the people.
2) It enable the people to really decide who they want and not who the political parties want. As it is now, we have no choice but to tick on the ballot paper based on the candidates selected by the political parties.
3) This initiative enable the people to be the boss and not the other way as it is now. As opposed to the current practice, the people are at the mercy of the politicians, worst of the lot are MP from BN.
4) A fit and proper test for the candidates is a very sound idea. Any politician who aspire to hold office have to pass this test before they can be nominated. I am sure we do not want anymore whores, frogs and free rider politicians Go for quality.
5) It enables the ordinary folks to have the power to check and balance the politicians who can only talk but not work for the people, to weed out the weak and to put in the right people fit for the job. Afterall, this is what they swear to do and uphold in the first place
Overall, this idea sounds sexy and workable. At the end of the day, what we the people want is a better Malaysia and a better tomorrow where we can live in harmony and peace and be proud to be known just as MALAYSIANS.
Well done and kudos to Pak Haris. I will certainly support this initiative.